Sell with Confidence
Read More

When Do I Pay Stamp Duty & How Much Is It?

By Tamara Lloyd

Transfer duty, also called stamp duty, can be confusing – and the rules and regulations differ from state to state.

Below we pull out the basics for you and direct you where you need to go, so you can skip the red tape to get answers.

Here in Victoria, You pay land transfer duty when you buy a home, including your first home, but also when you buy a property such as an investment property or holiday home, primary production land with or without water entitlements, a business (including land and goods), or fixtures, including tenant’s fixtures.  Did you know there are land transfer duty waivers of up to 50 per cent for residential property? And, as an eligible pensioner you can receive a one-off duty exemption or concession when you buy a new or established home, valued up to $750,000, to live in as your principal place of residence (PPR).

More information and a Stamp Duty Calculator can be here;

Up to Date

Latest News

  • To Refinance or Not to Refinance?

    The world of loans and finance is challenging to navigate at the best of times and with interest rates on the rise many of us are wondering whether now is the time to refinance. Should you try to lock in a better rate? We asked Brock from FINSYNC for his advice on refinancing … Read more

    Read Full Post

  • Know the Ins and Outs of Your Landlord Insurance

    With the introduction of new legislation and the changes to the real estate market here in Victoria, it has never been more important to have reliable and comprehensive insurance cover as a rental provider. When was the last time you reviewed your landlord insurance? Let’s be honest – insurance policies are difficult to navigate … Read more

    Read Full Post