Under the Residential Tenancies Act 1997, URGENT REPAIRS in a rental property are:
• Burst water service
• Blocked or broken toilet system
• Serious roof leak
• Gas leak
• Dangerous electrical fault
• Flooding or serious flood damage
• Serious storm or fire damage
• Failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by a landlord or
agent for hot water, water, cooking, heating, or laundering
• Failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
• Any fault or damage in the premises that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
• An appliance, fitting or fixture that is not working properly and causes a substantial
amount of water to be wasted
• A serious fault in a lift or staircase
Please Note: If a tradesman is called out for a repair that is deemed NON- URGENT, the
Tenant/s will be responsible for payment of the invoice. For after-hours emergencies
please contact 0426 457 375. We recommend that you save this number in your phone
as ‘Ray White Croydon Emergency Phone’. If an emergency occurs during our business
hours Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm, please contact the office on 03 9725 7444 and ask
to speak to your property manager.
Below are some preferred contacts and local agencies.
Trade – Contact Number – Contact:
If you have no hot water or heating please check the pilot light first.
If you have no water or a power outage, it is always important to check with the service
provider/ distributor to see if they can help first.
State Emergency Service – Contact 132 500
Fire & life threatening emergencies – Contact 000